Cyrillic -

From: Magda Danish (Unicode) (v-magdad@microsoft.com)
Date: Fri Sep 29 2000 - 15:13:01 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: Aleksandar Poposki [mailto:Aleks@m-p-c.org]
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2000 4:04 PM
To: info@unicode.org
Subject: Your opinion

Hello.

I'm the Webmaster of the Macedonian Orthodox Church website located at
www.m-p-c.org <http://www.m-p-c.org/> . When I started this project I was
not very familiar with Unicode and used "home-made" fonts for Cyrillic
characters, but learning about Unicode, I see it is the best way to go, as
it is the International standard. Keeping this in mind, and other
difficulties I've had, I wish to ask:

* Is there a way to convert my work to Unicode w/o risk.

* I was wondering writing a program to search my document for a
character, once found, replace it with the Unicode character number.
* Is there a script available for me to add to my web page so if the
user doesn't have Multi-Lingual Cyrillic support, to automatically install
it?

* And, where could I obtain true-type fonts for Unicode. Also, is
there a script as in my previous question for true-type fonts?

Aleks