Unicode 3.1 charts

From: Kenneth Whistler (kenw@sybase.com)
Date: Fri Oct 20 2000 - 16:02:17 EDT

Carl Brown asked:

> Asmus,
>
> Do you have a list of the Unicode 3.1 codes?

The general information is available on the Unicode website at:

http://www.unicode.org/unicode/alloc/Pipeline.html

That "pipeline" document *is* up-to-date, but lists ranges,
rather than every single character. (Unicode 3.1 will be adding
approximately 43,320 Chinese characters, and approximately 1691 other
characters, all of them outside the BMP, to match 10646-2.)

As I stated before, we are working on developing the Unicode 3.1
charts, and will have them posted on the Unicode website as part
of the process of rolling out the beta for Unicode 3.1 fairly
soon.

In the meantime, anyone who wishes to see a slightly out-of-date
version of the charts can refer to the ISO/IEC 10646-2 FCD ballot
text on the SC2 document register:

http://wwwold/dkuug/dk/JTC1/SC2/open/dr.htm

And look for document 3442.

That was the state of the tables before the Athens WG2 meeting last
month. There have been some minor changes, but the tables for the last
(FDIS) ballot are not yet publicly posted.

--Ken