Fonts that support the ORNL rendering of Tamil?

From: Michael \(michka\) Kaplan (michka@trigeminal.com)
Date: Mon Oct 30 2000 - 13:35:47 EST

Since Tamil has been encoded in Unicode, the ORNL rendering (which is
described in 9.6.5 of TUS 3.0) has been the only one "officially" described,
although most fonts, from Arial Unicode MS to Latha and others seem to not
support it. I just tried Code2000 and several other fonts suggested to me,
they all seem to do the simple reordering (logical <anything> + AI becomes
visual AI + <anything>).

ORNL is that thing that looks like an elephant tusk, which you can see on
page 232 of TUS 3.0.

This is fine, since most people who use the language do not want it anyway
(<g>), but I just wonder if there are any fonts that support it? It seems
that all of the vendors have gone with the customers instead of the
standard?

michka

a new book on internationalization in VB at
http://www.i18nWithVB.com/