Re: Open-Type Support (was: Greek Prosgegrammeni)

From: Deborah Goldsmith (goldsmith@apple.com)
Date: Mon Nov 27 2000 - 16:29:07 EST

on 11/22/00 4:19 AM, Marco Cimarosti <marco.cimarosti@europe.com> wrote:

> - AAT/ATSUI (see in http:/www.apple.com).
> Most of the "intelligence" is in the font itself, which also includes a
> state machine to operate substitution. The behavior of the smart fonts may
> be influenced by external user settings.

John Jenkins already related most of the relevant information, but I'll just
add that:

http://fonts.apple.com/

is a much better place to go if you're looking for information on AAT, and

http://www.apple.com/developer/

is the place to go for information on ATSUI.

Deborah Goldsmith
Manager, International Toolbox Group
Apple Computer, Inc.
goldsmith@apple.com