RE: RECOMMENDATIONs( Term Asian is not used properly on Computers and NET)

From: Ayers, Mike (Mike_Ayers@bmc.com)
Date: Mon Jun 04 2001 - 17:15:33 EDT

> From: Thomas Chan [mailto:thomas@atlas.datexx.com]

> I think the problem that Doug might be suggesting (correct me if I'm
> wrong, Doug) is that "Chinese" is also the name of a language(s). The

        I have used Arabic numerals all my life without once thinking that I
was writing Arabic. Doug listed as goals:

<Doug>

* reasonably accurate
* short enough to serve as dialog box labels
* not too arcane for the intended audience

</Doug>

        I think it is important to note that "gives an introduction to East
Asian languages" is not in there. Some will be confused no matter what is
put on the dialog box. I think that number will be smallest if we use the
most familiar term.

/|/|ike