Re: [OT] Reply editing

From: Gaute B Strokkenes (gs234@cam.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Jun 13 2001 - 08:04:40 EDT

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, cbrown@xnetinc.com wrote:

> I am not sure exactly what you mean by this. Do you mean adding a
> '>' at the beginning of each line and replying in place? If so then
> replying to a 300+ line missive is a lot of hand editing. It is
> especially nasty when lines have to be reflowed, new line breaks
> added and old '>>>>>' characters have to be removed.

Change to an email client that does this for you. Most do.

> If we are not limited to plain text then we could use different font
> colors. This is actually a easier to read system and does not
> require that we reflow lines as we add more and more '>' characters
> to the front of each line.

Are you seriously suggesting that the list should switch to HTML email
or something? Incidentally, any decent email client will colour
quoted text for you.

--
Gaute Strokkenes                        http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~gs234/
Yow!  Did something bad happen or am I in a drive-in movie??