Re: First of many newbie questions

From: DougEwell2@cs.com
Date: Fri Jun 15 2001 - 01:26:24 EDT

In a message dated 2001-06-14 14:23:33 Pacific Daylight Time,
pmaheu@cmles.com writes:

> Pardon my newbieness (oooh boy am I a Newbie) but I have a few questions
> concerning Unicode. I've been following up on the discussions for the past
> week or so, so I'm starting to get a feel for Unicode. I still have tons
of
> questions. here are just a few...

Bonjour Pascal, and welcome to the wonderful world of Unicode.

You should really check out the FAQ pages at http://www.unicode.org. They
have grown into a rich and valuable source of information about many
different aspects of Unicode. In particular, you will find clear and
sensible answers to your questions surrounding 8 bits, 16 bits, and 32 bits.

-Doug Ewell
 Fullerton, California