RE: [OT] o-circumflex

From: Ayers, Mike (Mike_Ayers@bmc.com)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 17:12:28 EDT

        I believe that there is an established sort order in English, which
is to sort without regard to diacritics, or else we'd never find the words!
In English (American English more than British English), diacritics are
considered optional, and it is common to see "naїve" written "naive", "San
José" written "San Jose", etc. Especially amongst Americans, the two are
considered equivalent, and I know of no word pair in all of English which is
separated only by a diacritic.

/|/|ike