Re: [OT] o-circumflex

From: Keld Jørn Simonsen (keld@dkuug.dk)
Date: Sun Sep 09 2001 - 15:31:58 EDT

On Sun, Sep 09, 2001 at 06:04:30PM +0200, Stefan Persson wrote:
> [...]

Yes, foreigners call our cities many strange things:-)
København is called Köpenhamn, Copenhagen, Kobenhagen, Copenhague,
and many more. Helsingør is called Elsinore.
Well, Ålborg is sometimes spelled Ålborg, but the official spelling, as
defined by zip and postal addresses is 9100 Aalborg, and the kommune is called
Aalborg kommune, viz www.aalborg.dk .

Århus is however almost always spelled Århus in Danish.

Kind regards
Keld