What code point is assigned for the Newton unit?

From: Stefan Persson (alsjebegrijptwatikbedoel@yahoo.se)
Date: Wed Sep 12 2001 - 11:59:10 EDT

Hi!

I recently noticed, that the Unicode does difference between the Swedish
capital letter "Å" (U+00C5; Å) and the Ångström sign (U+212B; Å). So it
seems that every unit sign has got it's own code point, while the Latin
letters with exactly identical shape to those have other code points. For
example, the CJK Compatibility block contains some unit signs (in katakana):

㌂: anpea/Ampère
㌕: kiroguramu/kilogram
etc.

So, can someone tell me the code points for the Newton unit sign (which
looks exactly like an "N")? And can someone tell me why it's necessary to do
this difference?

"Ångström" is spelled wrong on the code charts at Unicode's home page, BTW.

Stefan