Re: What code point is assigned for the Newton unit?

From: Michael \(michka\) Kaplan (michka@trigeminal.com)
Date: Wed Sep 12 2001 - 13:01:51 EDT

Actually, you are mistaken.

The decision to encode the Angstrom sign had more to do with the fact that
it ws encoded in many legacy encoding sets. There is no specific rule that
every unit sign must also be encoded. If you can use Unicode to properly
store and render what you need, then there is no lack that would require new
characters.

MichKa

Michael Kaplan
Trigeminal Software, Inc.