More on differences between v1.1 and v2.0

From: Oodi Pilzer (oodi.pilzer@east.sun.com)
Date: Wed Sep 19 2001 - 14:03:48 EDT

I found on the unicode.org website the character mapping for v2.0 and that
for v1.1.5. I had really wanted 1.1 but that was unavailable. Anyway, I
thought I would at least check what were the differences between version 2.0
and 1.1.5 Well, to my amazement, while version 2 added characters in Hebrew
and Tibetan, it looked like it removed a whole bunch of Hangul characters.
I had expected characters added but not removed. I thought maybe, they just
moved them to other values but according to my diff file, there were a whole
bunch of Hangul characters that were in 1.1.5 that were not in v2.0, but
there were no Hangul characters in v2.0 that were not also in v1.1.5 Of
course, I don't know Hangul so is it that what was removed was not needed?
Any information on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Oodi