Re: discontent about Indic scripts and Unicode

From: Michael \(michka\) Kaplan (michka@trigeminal.com)
Date: Wed Sep 19 2001 - 21:22:58 EDT

From: "Carl W. Brown" <cbrown@xnetinc.com>

> However, I do not understand the TSCII for Tamil. Unicode
> provides the script separation that they want.

TSCII is mostly out of favor now (tamil.net being the main exception, and
that only because its webmaster hates all established standards for doing
anything!). The preferred encodings are TAM and TAB.

As to why they prefer TA[M|B] to Unicode, the reasons are many. I happen to
disagree with them, myself, as do many of the members of WG02 of INFITT, but
thats a story for another day, I think? :-)

MichKa

Michael Kaplan
Trigeminal Software, Inc.
http://www.trigeminal.com/