Re: GB18030

From: Tom Emerson (tree@basistech.com)
Date: Tue Sep 25 2001 - 00:09:25 EDT

Yung-Fong Tang writes:
> Does GB18030 DEFINED the mapping between GB18030 and the rest of 11
> planes? I don't think so, since Unicode have not define them yet,
> right ?

Sure it does. We know what the code points are, even if they don't
have characters assigned to them yet. This allows GB18030 to support
future versions of Unicode without having to undergo modification.

And yes, it does support the characters added in Planes 1 and 2, and
the language tags in Plane 14.

    -tree

Sr. Sinostringologist                              http://www.basistech.com