A pun - will this work?

From: B (11@onna.com)
Date: Tue Sep 25 2001 - 20:38:58 EDT

A half-Jamaican, half-Japanese man is trying one of those contrived pseudosports you see on cable TV. He is aiming to beat the record score of 49,999 points. What do you say to cheer him on?

Well, I guess what you say is true,
I could never be the right kind of girl for you,
I could never be your woman
                      - White Town