Re: Egyptian Transliteration Characters

From: DougEwell2@cs.com
Date: Wed Sep 26 2001 - 11:20:51 EDT

In a message dated 2001-09-26 8:09:18 Pacific Daylight Time,
everson@evertype.com writes:

>> The problem is, I have a couple of German texts that I plan to
>> transcribe, where all I need is HYPHEN WITH DIARESIS.
>
> So, you type HYPHEN or EN DASH and then COMBINING DIAERESIS ABOVE.

I think that was David's point, that these things are always possible using
combining characters, and the argument "but it's easier with a precomposed
character" doesn't stand up to the concerns about proliferation and
normalization.

-Doug Ewell
 Fullerton, California