Re: Missing Arabic and Syriac characters in Unicode

From: Miikka-Markus Alhonen (Miikka-Markus.Alhonen@tigatieto.com)
Date: Thu Sep 27 2001 - 08:47:25 EDT

On 24-Sep-01 Michael Everson wrote:
> Miikka-Markus,
>
> I'd suggest that you write this up as a PDF document (with scanned
> examples) and submit it to the UTC and WG2 for consideration.

OK. I'll start working on it. I mean, at least the Arabic part of my message.
I'm not a professional Semiticist and I live in Finland which is quite far from
Syriac-writing countries, so I'm not sure if I can get access to any material
about the early forms of Edessan vowels here. I'll see what I can find in
Finnish university libraries and consult professionals, too. Is there anyone on
this list who could provide more information/samples about the things I wrote?

Best regards!

E-Mail: Miikka-Markus Alhonen <Miikka-Markus.Alhonen@tigatieto.com>
Date: 27-Sep-01
Time: 15:45:30