Re: GB18030

From: David Starner (dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org)
Date: Thu Sep 27 2001 - 17:08:57 EDT

On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 12:27:11PM -0700, Yung-Fong Tang wrote:
> looks like I beat ICU by checkin my mapping table at April 9 (to
> mozilla) , 10 days before they check in their first version of GB18030
> xml mapping table :) I probably can still claim the first open source
> project which support GB18030 to Unicode conversion, althought I didn't
> do anything beyond BMP ....

GNU libc CVS claims that the first version of the GB18030 iconv modules
was uploaded to CVS on Jul 14, 2000, and the version corresponding to
the current version of GB18030 was uploaded to CVS on Feb 14, 2001, with
only minor changes since then. It has supported non-BMP characters since
Jun 6, 2001.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
"I saw a daemon stare into my face into my face, and an angel touch my