Re: GB18030

From: David Starner (dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org)
Date: Thu Sep 27 2001 - 16:33:51 EDT

On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 01:07:43PM -0700, Yung-Fong Tang wrote:
> Draw a glyph from a font to implement case conversion, property mapping ? I don't know how can you do that.

When is case conversion a panic situation? If you can't recognize the
character, then just don't convert it. All unassigned characters have
default properties - use them. No, you don't know all about the
character, but you know enough to load a font and display it, which is
all a webbrowser or a wordprocessor needs 90% of the time.

> That is my quetion DOES it define so. I don't have the access to THE specification itself and asking help to get one. Do you have the
> access to the specification and DOES it specify so?

Do you not have access to the web? It took me 4 minutes to find the
information on the web. Start with www.google.com and type in GB18030,
and you'll find most of the information right there. Others have
pointed out more specific links.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
When the aliens come, when the deathrays hum, when the bombers bomb,