Re: Unicode Latin combining diacritics - Looking for real-world example documents

From: Herman Ranes (herman@iet.hist.no)
Date: Tue Apr 02 2002 - 04:22:00 EST

http://www.unhchr.ch/udhr/navigate/alpha.htm
has a link to an Ewe language document:
http://www.unhchr.ch/udhr/lang/ewe.htm
(along with several other lesser used langages)

In Opera6.0 and Mozilla 0.9.9(Win) the Ewe document displays
correctly, including the third letter in hlɔ̃nuwɔwɔ , which is the
combination U+0254 U+0303.

In MSIE6.0 the word hlɔ̃nuwɔwɔ is dispalyed erroneously as hlɔñuwɔwɔ –
it possibly interprets U+303 as prefix in stead of postfix.

I have composed a test document which contains combining diacritics in
8-bit, hex-NCR and decimal-NCR, and equivalent precomposeds in the
same three representations:
http://www.hist.no/~hra/div/komb.html

Chris Pratley skreiv:

--
Herman Ranes                Høgskolen i Sør-Trøndelag
                              Avdeling for teknologi