Unicode Latin combining diacritics - Looking for real-world example documents

From: Chris Pratley (chrispr@microsoft.com)
Date: Mon Apr 01 2002 - 22:21:03 EST

Does anyone have real-world documents in Unicode that take advantage of
Latin Combining Diacritics (U+0300 range and others) to accurately
represent the text content? If so, I would appreciate links or docs
mailed to me.

We're doing some testing of Latin Diacritic support for IPA and African
languages, romanizations, etc., and it is (understandably) very hard to
find any "real" text in languages that require this support where the
diacritics have not been left out in order to work around the lack of
software support. (Catch-22!). I'm looking for text (especially with
stacked diacritics) in IPA, Hausa, Ewe, or other West African languages,
Mixtec or other Mexican languages, Dinka, Nuer, etc. Basically anything
that is real-world and shows off typical or tricky diacritic
combinations. If you could include an image or at least a verbal
description to show what the display would be if it were correct, that
would be lovely.

I'm not promising anything, but I know that there are several (many)
people on this list who would be interested in having this support in
Word or other Microsoft products, so now's your chance to influence the
outcome - if we're going to get it done right I need your help!

Thanks in advance,

Chris Pratley

Group Program Manager

Microsoft Word