Re: Vietnamese Nom Text

From: Tom Gewecke (tom@bluesky.org)
Date: Thu Apr 11 2002 - 16:56:56 EDT

>see:
>
> http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/utf8.html
>
>which has an interesting new entry: Vietnamese Nˆ¥m, the first entry
>containing non-BMP characters (probably will not be entirely visible to
>most people)

Can *anyone* see it properly? Last I checked no browser could read UTF-8
beyond the BMP, although some could handle such characters expressed as
NCR's, Opera 6 for Win2K/XP being the best. If this has changed it would be
great to know.

Some text editors should be able to read a downloaded copy of the file
correctly, including TextEdit in Mac OS X.