What characters have baseline?

From: Lars Marius Garshol (larsga@garshol.priv.no)
Date: Mon Apr 15 2002 - 08:10:49 EDT

I've run into a problem where I need to know what characters don't
have a specified baseline in a font. It seems that when Latin and Han
character appear in the same font the font has a baseline, but it only
applies to the Latin characters. The Han characters all have a
baseline through their middle, apparently.

The question is, what classes of characters behave like the Han
characters? Are Hangul the same way? Kana? Yi? Any other characters?