Re: Furigana

From: Michael Everson (everson@evertype.com)
Date: Tue Aug 13 2002 - 17:52:53 EDT

At 14:16 -0700 2002-08-13, Kenneth Whistler wrote:
> > I want to be able to send a Blissymbol string with a gloss in English
>> or Swedish attached. Nothing to do with Japanese whatsoever.
>
>Basically, as for all things annotational or interlineating, this
>is an excellent application for markup.

When this was discussed in WG2 in Japan before they went in, I asked
specifically, could I use this method to put Anglo-Saxon glosses on
Latin text. The answer was positive, so it received my support. Were
these always pre-deprecated? Why are they in the standard if no one
is going to be allowed to use them?

--
Michael Everson *** Everson Typography *** http://www.evertype.com