Re: Dots as far as the eye can see

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@adelphia.net)
Date: Thu Aug 15 2002 - 01:43:11 EDT

Markus Scherer <markus dot scherer at jtcsv dot com> wrote:

>> Note that we have a gazillion other dots already:
>> And these are just the obvious ones found with a quick search (and
>> just for the single dots). There are probably more hiding out in
>> little corners of scripts (it's a bit like "Where's Waldo" looking
>> for them.
>
> To find all characters whose name contains "dot" see
> http://oss.software.ibm.com/cgi-bin/icu/ub?s=dot :-)

Oh, but then you'd miss all the fun of finding dots whose name *doesn't*
contain "dot," like FULL STOP and HYPHENATION POINT.

This is quickly becoming one of these "adding noise to the signal"
activities, sort of like deciding which Telugu character looks most like
a caterpillar and which looks most like a ladybug.

-Doug Ewell
 Fullerton, California