Re: An idea for keeping U+FFFC usable. (spins off from Re: Furigana)

From: Barry Caplan (bcaplan@i18n.com)
Date: Fri Aug 16 2002 - 03:13:39 EDT

>>Yes, yes, I think this is an idea which could fly.
>>
>>--Ken
>>

>Good. It is a solution which could be very useful for people writing
>programs in Java, Pascal and C and so on which programs take in plain text
>files and process them for such purposes as producing a desktop publishing
>package.

Uhh, I think Ken's message was entirely sarcasm or some higher form of rhetorical humor whose obscure name slips my mind right now.

The suggestion to use "html" as an extension was the give away - I was laughing out loud from that point on - his point was that the technology to do what you want already exists it is called HTML and it is displayed by "browsers" and so forth.

Barry Caplan
www.i18n.com