Re: Double Macrons on "gh"...

From: Michael Everson (everson@evertype.com)
Date: Sat Aug 31 2002 - 06:04:18 EDT

At 10:33 +0100 2002-08-31, William Overington wrote:

>An interesting problem which may arise is that the Unicode Consortium will
>not be specifying particular ligatures to include in fonts

That isn't its job.

You're right that guidance to what precomposed glyphs are useful is
necessary. But it differs for different people. I would think that
all font makers ought to include i-ogonek-acute (used in Navajo) but
one would not expect the baroque panoply of Uralic Phonetic Alphabet
combinations to be generally supported by generic fonts.

--
Michael Everson *** Everson Typography *** http://www.evertype.com