Re: Regulating PUA.

From: Philippe Verdy (verdy_p@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Wed Jan 24 2007 - 05:27:12 CST

    From: <vunzndi@vfemail.net>
    > Agreed, blocking PUAs from html pages would lead to people putting the
    > charcters they want in non PUA locations, which is much worse.

    I never asked for blocking PUAs on the web. Just that using them on the web should require an explicit protocol, and that the absence of such protocol is a severe issue, which also exposes users to security risks (notably if they need to install some site-specific software to get acces to the content), as well as bad mutual understanding and incorrect interpretations, if the only protocol consists in describing the protocol using a non-understandable humane language.