Unicode.org server move this week

From: Rick McGowan (rick@unicode.org)
Date: Tue Jun 07 2011 - 19:05:07 CDT

    Hello Everyone.

    Late this week, on June 9 and 10, we will be moving Unicode.org to a new
    physical server. This means undergoing significant OS and CPU upgrades. But
    it also means there may be some down-time during which the server is not
    accessible.

    We already started the process of bringing up the required software
    environment on the new server, and will be turning off services so that we
    can move final data and DNS from the old to the new server on June 9 or 10.
    We will try to give some warning just before the Unicode web site and the
    mail lists become unavailable on June 9, and we will make another
    announcement when web and mail services are restored.

    CLDR version 2.0 has just shipped in the last week, and the Survey Tool is
    in a "read only" state for now. After the server move at the end of this
    week, the CLDR Survey Tool will be unavailable for a while because we are
    planning to move it to a separate, dedicated server, which will be available
    as soon as possible.

    Regards,
         Rick