Unicode equivalence between Word for Windows/MAC

From: Rafael Sarabia <sarabiarafael_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 10:59:49 +0100

Dear all,

I need to use a document both in Word 2007 for Windows and Word 2011 for
Mac and I'm finding some incompatibility issues.

The file has been created in Word for Windows and save as "Unicode" (which
I believe -although I am not certain means "UTF-16").

In Word 2011 for Mac I have several options to save it as Unicode: Unicode
6.1, Unicode 6.1 Little-Endian and UTF-8. None of them seem to be
equivalent to the "Unicode" encoding in Word 2007 for Windows.

My question is very simple: which is the encoding equivalent in Word 2011
for Mac to "Unicode" in Word for Windows (*which allows me to work in both
operating systems/Word programs interchangeably*? One of the three
abovementioned possibilities or another one? (I don't have the complete
list in front of me)

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards.

Rafael Sarabia