Re: Unicode equivalence between Word for Windows/MAC

From: Doug Ewell <doug_at_ewellic.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 09:52:51 -0700

Rafael Sarabia wrote:

> My question is very simple: which is the encoding equivalent in Word
> 2011 for Mac to "Unicode" in Word for Windows (*which allows me to
> work in both operating systems/Word programs interchangeably*? One of
> the three abovementioned possibilities or another one? (I don't have
> the complete list in front of me)

There seems to be an issue with Word for Mac in reading and writing
Unicode text, which should be as simple and straightforward as you
expect:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac/forum/macoffice2011-macword/why-does-word-for-mac-always-mangle-unicode-text/ad95c7ab-ab56-45af-8a74-51d26f079d25

--
Doug Ewell | http://ewellic.org | Thornton, CO 🇺🇸