Re: Proposal to add standardized variation sequences for chess notation

From: Philippe Verdy <verdy_p_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2017 16:14:32 +0200

> >> We’re not proposing to “implement a game”.
> >
> > You were yourself speaking about applications, me too, not just a "game".
>
> No, I wasn’t.

I can quote your own message just posted 3 hours ago? YOU REALLY USED the
term "game" and wanted developers to use fonts for them. This is definitely
not what most chess game developers do and have done since long, becaues
fonts are definitely not easily integrable and give unpredictable results.
They would not accept the kind of fallbacks you document for encoding in
plain text.

QUOTING YOUR OWN MESSAGE BELOW.