DIS-10646.1 of 1990/91

From: Roman Czyborra (czyborra@cs.tu-berlin.de)
Date: Sun Nov 22 1998 - 19:30:18 EST

Your local standards archaeologist is wondering if anybody has more
information about the voted-down DIS-10646.1 of 1990/91?

Where exactly was it voted down? I read something about that in the
Unicode 1.0 book but I had to send that book back to the library in
Utrecht and thus connot look it up right now. Didn't the vote hurt
anybody's feelings?

What architecture did the DIS-10646.1 follow? Are there any mapping
tables from DIS-10646.1 to Unicode?

Why does Unicode 2.0 Appendix C.1 say that Unicode 1.0 was published
in 1990 when it was published in 1991? And why does
http://www.unicode.org/unicode/reports/techreports.html say that
Unicode 1.1 is from 1991 when it was from 1993?

Why are older drafts and standards simply deleted instead of generally
made accessible to standard historians?