Re: DIS-10646.1 of 1990/91

From: Roman Czyborra (czyborra@cs.tu-berlin.de)
Date: Mon Nov 23 1998 - 17:53:09 EST

> Oh, Roman. Don't open up old wounds.

Oops. Sorry. I didn't mean to.

Let me try to seal it: from the few things I have read I believe that
the early ISO and Unicode drafts had been mutually stimulating and
that a bunch of good ideas from Unicode 1.0 and a bunch of good ideas
from DIS-10646.1 have been merged into the final compatible compromise
ISO-10646/Unicode-1.1 and I was just curious about what has gotten
dropped and why the Unicode Standard lists inconsistent dates.

> I suggest that if you are actually intersted in history, you
> interview people *OFF* *LINE*!

Alright, I will do that once I run into somebody knowledgeable.

One of my ultra-German T-shirts reads: "Learning from history. Taking
a stand today. Building a positive future. Action Reconciliation
Service for Peace." - But I can try not to dwell on it.