Re: IME of Devanagari

From: John Cowan (
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 13:10:31 EST

Shigeki Moro wrote:

> My colleague and I are now writing a report in Japanese concerned with
> the Devanagari inputting method working on W2K. Any comments will be
> appreciated for us.

So tell us, if you will:

Is there, after all, a "traditional Japanese way of typesetting Devanagari"?
The Unicode Consortium is on record (see, which is officially part of
Unicode 3.0) as saying there is not.

Schlingt dreifach einen Kreis um dies! || John Cowan <> Schliesst euer Aug vor heiliger Schau, || Denn er genoss vom Honig-Tau, || Und trank die Milch vom Paradies. -- Coleridge (tr. Politzer)