SCSU implementations

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@compuserve.com)
Date: Fri Apr 07 2000 - 01:55:24 EDT

I'm looking for any references to encoders for the Standard Compression
Scheme for Unicode (SCSU), *other* than the Java implementation on the
Unicode FTP site.

Either C or C++ source code or a Windows/DOS executable would be most
welcome.

Web searches to date have not proven useful. Searching on "scsu"
generates a chazillion references to (e.g.) South Carolina State
University, and the more focused "scsu + unicode + compression" yields
little more than the Unicode site's Java implementation plus Roman
Czyborra's "Andrea's balcony" SCSU decoder.

I would also be interested to know if anyone on the list has implemented
(or tried to implement) a SCSU encoder and what problems they ran into.

Please respond either to the list (since this is obviously on-topic) or
directly to dewell@compuserve.com.

-Doug Ewell
 Fullerton, California