Re: SCSU implementations

From: Kevin Bracey (
Date: Wed Apr 12 2000 - 12:21:30 EDT

I've got a pretty good SCSU encoder - it uses one character look-ahead,
least-recently-used replacement of windows plus a learning capability for
whether to do single switches or locking switches. I reckon it's nearly
optimal for an encoder with only single character look-ahead.

It achieves 178 bytes for the Japanese example.

I would stick it up on my web site, but the company's pulled it :( Copies
available on demand...

Pace Micro Technology plc                     Tel: +44 (0) 1223 518566
645 Newmarket Road                            Fax: +44 (0) 1223 518526
Cambridge, CB5 8PB, United Kingdom            WWW: