charset question

From: Curtis Clark (jcclark@csupomona.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 07 2000 - 13:53:41 EDT

Is there a metatag charset designation for MacRoman that works reliably in
IE and NS? I want to be able to use Macintosh text directly in a web page
and have it display correctly cross-platform (the alternatives are to train
the person who graciously consents to supply the text or else convert it on
a piece-by-piece basis myself).

I realize this is somewhat peripheral--my apologies--but my web search
didn't yield any solutions that actually worked.

Curtis Clark http://www.csupomona.edu/~jcclark/
Biological Sciences Department Voice: (909) 869-4062
California State Polytechnic University FAX: (909) 869-4078
Pomona CA 91768-4032 USA jcclark@csupomona.edu