Looking for three old characters

From: Patrick Andries (pandries@iti.qc.ca)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 00:15:42 EDT

I 'm wondering whether the following three characters
mentioned in a linguistic lexicon of mine are in Unicode
3.0.

I have looked at the Unicode 3.0 charts but I could not
quite find them. Does someone know whether they are actually
many sources using them (aside from my book printed in
1969)?

This is not a request to add additional characters.

1) reversed C (very similar to U+0187 and U+2183), this was
called «antisigma» and used by old commentators to indicate
an inversion. Could one use U+0187?

2) reversed C + normal C, apparently also called
sigmas"), this sign was introduced by emperor Claudius to
represent PS (psi in Greek). Apparently a fruitless attempt.

3) upside down digamma (or turned F) called « digamma
inversum » in Latin, this letter was also imagined by
emperor Claudius to distinguish the consonant "u" (i.e. V)
from its vocalic form (i.e. U). Were these two last signs
ever used ?

Patrick