Re: FW: Canadian Keyboard Layouts

Date: Fri Jun 02 2000 - 11:21:49 EDT

One minor correction. U.S. Documents can be freely copied by U.S. citizens
within the U.S. Otherwise, permission must be obtained from the
originating body.

                    Elliotte Rusty
                    Harold To: "Unicode List" <>
                    <elharo@metala cc:,
          > Subject: Re: FW: Canadian Keyboard Layouts
                    06/02/00 07:54

At 8:26 PM -0800 5/31/00, Alain wrote:

>For those who read French, before buying the standard, you can have
>a look at OLF site (this one also describes the labelig prescribed
>by ISO/IEC 9995-1 and the symbols of ISO/IEC 9995-7):

Very interesting and actually quite relevant to a book I'm writing now.

Quick question: In the U.S. government documents are not protected by
copyright and can be reproduced freely. A quick look at tells me that this is not
the case in Canada, and I would need to get permission before
reprinting the picture at in my book. However, My
French isn't nearly good enough for me to trust my translation; and
my knowledge of Canadian law is zilch. If anyone does know for sure
that permission is or is not required to reproduce a government
document, would you please let me know? Thanks. Right now I'm
assuming it is required.

| Elliotte Rusty Harold | | Writer/Programmer |
| The XML Bible (IDG Books, 1999) |
| |
| |
| Read Cafe au Lait for Java news: |