RE: The mother of all collation schemes

From: Michael Kaplan (Trigeminal Inc.) (v-michka@microsoft.com)
Date: Thu Jun 15 2000 - 16:30:31 EDT

Well, along with posts made to the list earlier, there is the problem of
languages that may have native speakers who are unhappy with your collation
scheme. Period. In my experience the fastest way to piss off a user is to
refuse them the right to see things sorted as they would prefer.

But the general rule is that many of the preferred collating orders of
various languages BLATANTLY contractdict each other and thus cannot be
reconciled.

I guess a lot of it depends on where the list is going to end up.

Michael