1456 object code

From: William Overington (WOverington@ngo.globalnet.co.uk)
Date: Thu Sep 14 2000 - 03:02:22 EDT

About a week ago I added to our family webspace at
http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~ngo some documents concerning 1456 object
code, (in speech, please say "fourteen fifty-six object code"), which is an
object code intended primarily for use in the preparation of free to the end
user distance education material. 1456 object code permits a person who
need not be a Java programmer, or who does not necessarily have Java
programming facilities available, to produce Java quality graphics output in
applets, using specially prepared Java programs called 1456 applet
landscapes and a 1456 engine. Each use of the system requires the use of a
1456 applet landscape selected from those available, the 1456 engine and an
HTML page to call the applet and to supply the applet with parameters. The
1456 object code is used to customize the 1456 applet landscape using one or
more parameter statements in an HTML page. The 1456 object code can be
entered using a text editor, such as Notepad.

I have now added an additional document entitled "Character manipulation in
the 1456 object code system." 1456 object code allows unicode characters to
be entered and manipulated and so I thought that readers of this list might
be interested to know about it.

William Overington