RE: RECOMMENDATIONs( Term Asian is not used properly on Computers and NET)

From: B (11@onna.com)
Date: Tue Jun 05 2001 - 19:59:16 EDT

Why not label the Korean language option that uses Hangul, "Korean (Hangul)"?

The Japanese language version, you might label "Japanese (kanji/kana)". But I have seen a game that would be best labeled "Japanese (hiragana)"... unless "jampu" and "daibu" (jump and dive) are not Japanese words. Yes, in hiragana.

"Sinitic" sounds too similar to "Semitic".

Thing is, we don't have a suitable word except maybe "kanji". Let's face it, English is a VERY Eurocentric language. English has too many flaws; what pronoun do you use to refer to a hermaphrodite? "Shim"?

$B!!!!$i$s$^(B $B!z$8$e$&$$$C$A$c$s!z(B
$B!<!<!<!<!<(B PTKA IZGT F SFNNGYGB ZRMSFTB WM
$B!!$"$^$s$1(B NFEGT FM MGYWPRMKA FM F SFNNGYGB IWOG
$B$M$1$"$:!!(B IWKK QGT FT IPQGT ZFXG GHRFK YWJZNM.