Re: Slovenian and Croat letters

From: Vladimir Weinstein (weiv@jtcsv.com)
Date: Mon Jul 02 2001 - 13:44:19 EDT

Depending on what you consider everyday usage. Newspaper texts would be fine. Literature and language scholars might require it.

However, every speaker of the language would understand the text without the accent marks.

BTW. These accent marks are also used in the latin version of Serbian. Also, in these languages, there are two more accent marks used - grave and acute.

V.

--
Vladimir Weinstein, IBM GCoC-Unicode/ICU  Cupertino, CA,  weiv@jtcsv.com