Re: Arial Unicode MS and Code2000

From: Michael \(michka\) Kaplan (michka@trigeminal.com)
Date: Fri Jul 06 2001 - 01:53:12 EDT

Well, I cannot speak for PowerBuilder (my knowledge of it is very out of
date), but for both Netscape and MS SQL Server you may or may not be able to
support Indic scripts -- the deciding factor will be based on what version
of each product you are using.

Beyond that, I do not think that any one e-mail message can really capture
"how it can be done" because there is quite simply no way to capture how to
do such a project even in a hundred page article, let alone a short message.
The best thing you can do is find people who understand the products;
someone who knows PowerBuilder, Netscape 6.0, and MS SQL Server 7.0 or later
will have no problem not only explaining how to do the work but to do it as
well.

As a starter, here is a link to a white paper I wrote about international
support in MS SQL Server:

HTML version (all on one line):
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/techart/IntlFeaturesInSQLServer2000.htm

Word 2000/XP version (all on one line):
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techinfo/development/2000/intfeatures.asp

The FONTS are actually the last thing you will have to worry about here;
they are simply a way to display the text that you have written this huge
application around -- the end of a long journey, not the beginning.

MichKa

Michael Kaplan
Trigeminal Software, Inc.
http://www.trigeminal.com/