Re: Is there Unicode mail out there?

From: John Cowan (cowan@mercury.ccil.org)
Date: Wed Jul 18 2001 - 00:02:47 EDT

DougEwell2@cs.com scripsit:

> I was just looking through the XML spec today, and the only non-characters
> excluded (other than the surrogates) are 0xFFFE and 0xFFFF.

Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do about it now, nor about the useless
C1 controls other than NEL. Shrinking the range of well-formed documents
is an immediate loser, even if there is no plausible use for such
documents.

Just pretend you'll never get one of the legal non-characters.

One art/there is/no less/no more/All things/to do/with sparks/galore
	--Douglas Hofstadter