Re: Private Use Agreements and Unapproved Characters

From: David Starner (starner@okstate.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 11:34:10 EST

On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 07:06:12AM -0800, Michael (michka) Kaplan wrote:
> think it is entirely reasonable to look at rarely used scripts and fictional
> scripts (both of which member companies are unlikely to implement for
> reasons I doubt I need to go into here?) and categorize them a lower
> priority than that of scripts that are neither?

Sure. That's been done, and now almost everything not rarely-used or
fictional has been encoded.

> When specifically choosing between a rarely used script and a fictional
> script, the former is more appealing to me personally as I feel that there
> is a greater value to dealing with what is "real" first.

I feel there's a greater value to encoding a large body of poetry and
writing in a script in current use, rather than 50 pages (the entire
corpus of Gothic writing) that's always printed in Latin
transliteration.

--
David Starner - starner@okstate.edu
"It's not a habit; it's cool; I feel alive.