Re: Long S on keyboard (was: Character identities)

From: Patrick Andries (pandries@iti.qc.ca)
Date: Thu Oct 24 2002 - 12:47:45 EDT

    ----- Message d'origine -----
    De : "Otto Stolz" <Otto.Stolz@uni-konstanz.de>
    À : "Doug Ewell" <dewell@adelphia.net>
    <mohrin@sharmahd.com>
    Envoyé : 24 oct. 2002 12:06
    Objet : Long S on keyboard (was: Character identities)

    > Doug Ewell wrote:
    >
    > > I'm not aware of any keyboard layout, German or otherwise, that contains
    > > U+017F. Would it be reasonable to suggest that it be added to the
    > > standard German layout? AltGr+s seems to be available.

    To whom would you suggest such an addition? DIN ? Are its standard as
    loosely followed as the Canadian standards as far as PC keyboards are
    concerned? It is about impossible to find the CSA/ACNOR keyboard (CAN/CSA
    Z243.200-92) in the main office and electronic equipement stores in
    Canada...

         P. A.
    - o - O - o -
    Unicode et ISO10646