Vietnamese (Re: Unicode, SMS, PDA/cellphones)

From: Donald Z. Osborn (dzo@bisharat.net)
Date: Thu Jun 01 2006 - 19:15:00 CDT

    Is there a good current summary of the current usage of Vietnamese in Unicode
    (and related issues such as whether and to what extent the old VIQR
    [VIetnamese
    Quoted-Readable] is still used)?

    Is there any discussion of the old topic of precomposed characters for the
    various diacritical combinations used in writing Vietnamese. I ask as there is
    still interest in this issue among some experts working with African languages
    and ICT. Not wanting to open a debate on this, I just wondered what people are
    (or are not) discussing.

    TIA...

    Don Osborn
    Bisharat.net