Guidance wanted on implementing Greek context-dependent casing

From: karl williamson (public@khwilliamson.com)
Date: Thu Aug 06 2009 - 17:48:29 CDT

    I'm confused about context-dependent case changing for Greek.

    The following comments are in SpecialCasing.txt
    # IMPORTANT-when capitalizing iota-subscript (0345)
    # It MUST be in normalized form--moved to the end of any sequence of
    combining marks.
    # This is because logically it represents a following base character!
    # E.g. <iota_subscript> (<Mn> | <Mc> | <Me>)+ => (<Mn> | <Mc> | <Me>)+
    <iota_subscript>
    # It should never be the first character in a word, so in titlecasing it
    can be left as is.

    But, when I look for more details in Chapter 5 of the standard, I don't
    see much that helps me. This looks like an attempt to add a rule via a
    comment. Given my recent experience with misleading comments in
    DerivedAge.txt, I wonder if it is accurate, and if so, shouldn't there
    really be a context-dependent rule for it, instead of just adding a
    comment to a data file?

    Thanks in advance